Monday, September 18, 2006

My Life as a Mother

When I first saw this picture I was struck by how it captures my new role in life. I have these two wonderful men to care for, sometimes they come at me so fast it is all just a blur. They are loving and fun (and demanding!) Becoming a "stay-at-home-Mom" has been more challenging than I expected (it always looks easier when someone else does it). We are slowly working out the kinks. If I manage to keep everyone happy, clothed, and fed I feel pretty successful. I am sure things will smooth out as Chase becomes more independent to sleep and play. For right now, I am trying to just relax and enjoy being needed and cuddled so much- before we know it Chase will be a man.

2 comments:

Auntie Nee' said...

I am constantly amazed at what an awesome job you are both doing with parenthood, but especially you. You have carried on the tradition of caring more about having fun and giving lots of love and attention, than an immaculatly kept house and others approval. I could not be more proud of you, and I can't wait to see what's to come for the Cortner family!!!
I Love You and Miss you all,
Your Big Sister and Proud Aunt

Erica said...

Thank you, I love you, too! But in all fairness I think it should be declared that you are slightly biased, being my sister. Balancing a happy baby and dust bunnies is tricky but I am working on it. I must say that Ryan is totally in love with fatherhood and chips in to help out a lot. When we returned from upstate he had cleaned the whole house for us. I LOVE you, Pookie!