Sunday, January 27, 2008

All By Myself










Well my mother finally had to return home leaving me to fly solo. Not only did we survive we also managed to complete 2 loads of laundry, have dinner on the table every night (except Friday, oops), a playdate, a My Gym class, a lunch date with Ryan and a trip to Target! For the sake of full disclosure I will admit there have been a few meltdowns, many moments where one, two or all three of us have been crying and Chase has watched more TV this week than his whole first year put together but the important part is we survived and everyday is getting easier and easier.
Olivia is doing well. She has been having some belly pains which makes keeping her happy all consuming but seems to be improving. The doctor was very impressed with her 4 pound weight gain in just 4 weeks bringing her to a whopping 11 lbs. She is in the 90th percentile for weight and height. She is also smiling at me when I talk to her and tracks object really well, even turning her head to follow you. She has been going about 3-4 hours between feedings at night which is a blessing.
Chase is doing well. He is growing into such a big boy. Chase had his first experience with watercolor paints this week- he did really well and made some beautiful paintings. We have also had some sticker fun (as pictured above) putting dozens of stickers all over his shirt. Mostly he loves being outside. I let him get all wet when he decided his little car needed a bath. It was really cute watching him meticulously scrub all the parts of that car. It is great living in Florida where the weather allows us to go outside and play almost every day.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Dear Erica,
I am so proud of how well you are doing with two children, I knew you could do it. The pictures just make me miss you all more than ever. Keep up the good work.

Changed by His Love said...

I loved how you said "We aren't going to color on the baby right now"; that's the nicest way to say, do not color on the baby!