Tuesday, June 24, 2008







Wow, it seems I can never find time for the "extras" of life. I am writing this knowing I have a kitchen full of dinner dishes and a laundry room full of laundry calling me- I hope someone enjoys this post :)



We are in serious maintenance mode, just trying to get through the day. It takes so much work to keep two babies feed, changed, stimulated and well rested. Not only that but we had a lot of company these past few weeks including 2 college friends, my parents and Ryan's aunt and uncle. So we have been busy!! My parents were here for about a week. We had a great time and I managed to catch up on some projects. We all went to Sea World for Father's Day. Olivia did great, she had no problem napping or eating when ever she needed. Chase was a little bit needy, he has been clingy lately. So I was exhausted carrying a 30 pound child around all day. Hopefully we can go back when Chase is having a better day.



Chase has been taking swimming lessons. Since I have Olivia, we had no option but to enroll him in private lessons where the teacher takes him in and we watch from the gallery. It has been traumatic, for both of us! He spent the first five lessons screaming and clinging to the teacher for dear life. Then we had one good lesson where he learned to hold his breath and go under without choking. The last few lessons she has been pushing him to kick in the water (letting him stay under a bit too long) so he is back to hating the lessons (screaming and crying). It has been a drain on both of us! Thankfully we only have one more left.



Olivia is doing great. She is so feisty. She can sit up, although if she sees something she wants she dives for it regardless of the fact she will fall over. She is getting mobile already. She has been rolling and twisting for a while now but just in the past week she has started army crawling forward. It adds a whole new set of problems for me. She had her 6 month checkup and she was pushing 22 lbs. The doctor said she looks great- very healthy and strong.

No comments: