Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Day Fun

On our way to school

Getting settled


Yeah! We did it!

Chase had a great first day in preschool. I was shocked at how well it went. Ryan had taken the day off and the whole family ventured into Chase's classroom for the first time. Thankfully Chase's teacher, Ms. Michele, was very friendly and sweet and the classroom had some of his favorite toys (kitchen, cash register). We played together while the other families arrived and got their kids checked in. I don't think Chase would have even cried except when the parents were asked to step out a few of the girls in his class started screaming and then he got panicky and started to cling and cry too. We hung around in the hall way for a few minutes and then I asked another adult to look in and she said he was playing already. So we went ahead and left. When we came back to pick him up we were waiting in the hall (we were about 20 minutes early) and all of the sudden the door opens and Chase comes out. I was so happy to see him!! He had asked the teacher to use the potty and she was walking him to the bathroom. So I took him and then we packed up and headed home. Ms. Michele said he did great- he even helped her calm some of the kids that were upset! He probably looked like an angel compared to the girls who were screaming bloody murder for 3 hours, Ms. Michele looked totally worn out. We were supposed to stay and have a small orientation after the class but Ms. Michele said it had been a rough day and she felt the kids couldn't handle staying any longer than necessary.On the way home Chase told us he had colored, played on the playground, read a story, they had crackers for snack and his friend Ella had been crying (not bad for a 2 year old). He also told me Ms. Michele had been crying because of a booboo and needed a band aid ( I have no idea if that is true).
We head back on Tuesday. Hopefully he will be excited and the girls will be more relaxed.


2 comments:

Auntie Nee' said...

AAAAWWWWWW! I can't believe how handsome and big he looks. We are so proud and happy for him and his new accomplishment. And what brave parents you guys are for giving him the opportunity to try something new.

We love you guys and can't wait for Tuesday! :)

krista and ryan said...

I'm so glad school went well. This will be such a great help to you, Olivia and Chase. Miss you guys!