Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beware of the Poops!

Around 4 o'clock yesterday I decided we needed to get out of the house, we were getting a little stir crazy. So I threw our stuff together and headed out to this play area we have nearby for an art class. As we are driving along the thought pops into my head that I had gotten jelly on my shirt and had forgotten to change it so I quickly look down to make sure it isn't a crazy embarrassing amount of filth on my shirt. When it occurs to me that shortly before leaving Olivia had had a poop explosion and perhaps some had gotten on my clothing and I look over... sure enough yellow poop stains down the side of my shirt :(( Well, I certainly could get out of the car with poop stains. Needless to say we had to turn around and go home to get a clean shirt on. I learned an important lesson- always check to see if leaking poop has gotten on your shirt and add to the list of things a mom must do before leaving- change diapers, get drinks, snack, shoes, check teeth, hair, and make-up and check your clothing for food stains and body fluids. Thankfully, we had plenty of time to make it to the class and we had a great time!!

As we were driving I was telling Chase how we were going to paint a picture and he decided he wanted to paint one for Meemom (Ryan's grandmother). He kept saying, "She love that, she love that" It was so cute! He loves his Meemom. She has such a sweet southern voice on the phone that he loves to call and talk to her. Last week Ryan and Chase called Meemom and after they hung up Chase started crying saying that he needs Meemom, I mean really big alligator tears and everything. We love you Meemom!!

No comments: