Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome Baby Leah!





Our close friends, John and Kim, welcomed their second daughter last weekend! We are so excited for them. We have been watching Kim's belly grow and Chase has been learning important lessons on how babies grow in mommies' bellies. (Unfortunately, he now asks everyone if they have a baby in their belly and has even walked around with his blankie under his shirt talking about how he has a baby in his belly.) I showed Chase some pictures of my belly the day I went into the hospital to have him and he got a little sad and told me he missed my belly.
The kids were outside with Ryan when I got the call that Kim had delivered Leah, so I went straight outside and said, "Yeah, Baby Leah is here!" to which Chase replied "How is Kim?" both Ryan and I were amazed that he was thinking about her :)
Anyway, Kim and Leah are doing great! We went over for a visit this week and Chase wasted no time holding Leah. Of course, as soon as he was done I took over and only put her down for potty breaks (not mine- Chase's). She is so cute and sweet (and YES in case you are wondering I would like another one).

No comments: