
Birthdays have a way of making me so emotional. Looking back on these three years with Chase I hardly recognize the family that we were and the family that we are now.Some of my friends would find it hard to believe that when my mother drove away leaving me alone with Chase for the first time (he was 2 weeks old), I was hysterical. I was so nervous about taking care of him on my own. She actually came back down 2 days later and picked Chase and I up and we went upstate for a week so I could get my bearing.
What a shock- going from a working woman to a mother! And now I have TWO! Three short years later I am all Mommy! My days are filled with diapers and nap times and it really is hard to remember what life was like before they came. What did I do with all of that extra time? Why weren't my closets organized? Why didn't I prepare gourmet meal every night? Too late now!
Sometimes I can't believe this is my life. You wait your whole life for kids and now here they are and I am grown -up.
Whenever I think back to baby Chase I always remember this picture because he looks so tiny and I love the way his tiny feet are resting on me.
Sometimes we talk about how he is going to grow up and become a big boy like Daddy, and he gets teary eyed and he says, "I'll miss you Mommy" How sweet is he!

No comments:
Post a Comment