Chase has been a big binkie boy these past 3 years and to be honest I thought the binkie was amazing. It instantly soothed him when he was getting tired and grumpy or hysterical and even quieted him when I NEEDED quiet. But shortly after his birthday I realized it was time to say goodbye to our good friend. For several days we talked about how we were going to give our binkies to Baby Christopher (one of my friends just had a baby so it was perfect timing) and then we put them into a bag and brought them over. He was so cute putting them into the baby's crib. The first day was fine but day 2 was rough. He was so sad. He even told his teacher he was feeling sad because he didn't have his binkies anymore :(
After that it seemed emotionally he was fine but we needed to retrain his sleep since using his binkie was a huge comfort for falling asleep. It took him about 10 days to get onto his regular nap/ bed time schedule but over all I thought he took it very well!
I have been so surprised at how grown up he seems now that he doesn't need his binkie at all. Maybe it is just me or maybe he feels more grown up himself.
1 comment:
I think it goes to show that boys are "boys" from the time they are born, girls are "girls" and most people hate going to the dentist! Some things you don't have to teach! :0)
Post a Comment