Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free





About a month ago we discovered William has a sensitivity to dairy, soy, and eggs. Although he is a super happy baby with no fussiness and no usual signs of digestive problems, we saw blood in his stool and took him straight to the doctor. She ruled other causes out and concluded that he has some food sensitivity. In order to continue nursing I have had to cut those things out of my diet. It has been an interesting experience. Thankfully one of my friends has recently gone through this with her daughter so she has acted as a guide to eating within the new limits. I have been so surprised that soy is used in so many things. And forget about any fast food and lots of restaurant food. I just ate a plain burger between two lettuce leaves (because most bread has soy). William is doing much better, and we are managing it but thank goodness for avocados! I can reintroduce some products in 3 months and see if he has outgrown it yet. I am really hoping that this is short lived :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Poor William! So sorry you had to deal with the stress of a sick child.

I had the exact same scenario in a board question. My solution was to transfuse the kid and do a colonoscopy. Thank God I'm not your pediatrician!