Friday, February 25, 2011

William's Forbidden Fruit



Everyday I lay William's blanket out and scatter toys all around him. Toys that light up, toys that sing songs, chew toys, rolly toys- you name it- we have it. And yet he crawls away from these toys as fast as he can and heads straight for the DOGS toys. And then just as he grabs it and gets it ready to eat he pauses and looks for me almost like just a last minute check to see if perhaps he will get away with eating it today. Now you might wonder why don't I just put all of the dog toys away while William is playing on the floor? I do, of course. But our sweet Hettie insists on having her belongings strewn about the living room, so as fast I put them away she drags them one by one back out onto the floor. And she has gotten pretty sneaky about it now because she knows I don't want them over there. The only thing I can do now is lock the toys away in her kennel while the baby is crawling, and even then William just crawls over to the kennel and stares in at the toys :(

No comments: