Friday, November 04, 2011

Introducing Benjamin Ryan Cortner







My brother-in- law and sister-in-law, Randy and Jeannie, just had their first baby. We are so excited for them to join us on this wild journey of parenthood. Jeannie went into labor about midday on Friday the 21st. I was hoping he would drag his feet a bit so he could be born on Saturday which is Ryan's birthday, not that I wanted Jeannie to have a long labor :( . But labor did take about 12 hours and Benjamin decided to make his appearance on Saturday, October 22nd. I guess he is forever bonded to his uncle with the name sake and sharing their birthday, so sweet.
The kids weren't allowed into the hospital room so we went down last week for them to meet Benjamin. It was interesting because William (who has no experience with babies) was totally fascinated with him and Chase (who has been around lots of babies) was relatively uninterested- "Yeah, Yeah, another baby, whoopty do. Where do you keep your office supplies?"
Benjamin is so sweet and snuggly. I even got to give him a bath!
We are looking forward to loving on that sweet baby boy!

1 comment:

The Rigbys said...

Hooray! Lilli has another birthday buddy! He is such a Cortner, too. Very handsome with that red hair :) Our congrats to Mom & Dad!