Several months ago I saw an advertisement for a company that does "Mad Science" birthdays. I showed it to Chase and he immediately decided it would be perfect for his upcoming birthday, he loves science and he is always begging to do "experiments". After weeks of preparation the day finally arrived! As the guests arrived Chase scanned them in, he was working security and then gave each one a lab coat and ID badge.
The scientist came and put on a fun show for us. She had a styrofoam head that Chase melted with acetone, an egg that he help suck into a bottle, and even some fun with dry ice. After the show the kids went outside to do their own experiment, making slime. Then we had cupcakes and petri-dishes filled with jello and gummy worms.
Chase had so much fun! One of the moms at the party told me she went up to Chase and said, "Great party Chase" to which he replied "I didn't do anything. I just told my mom science and this is what she did." He did tell me as I was tucking him in bed that that was the best party ever. I guess that is the highest compliment, now how do I out do myself for next year ;)





2 comments:
Looks like so much fun!!! Is it me or does Chase look a lot like your dad! Everyone looks great and so happy :)
What a great party! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! I found this article today and thought of you after reading your comment on how you were going to top this. Here's a few ideas :)
http://glo.msn.com/living/outrageous-kids-birthday-party-trends-8075.gallery#!stackState=0__%2Fliving%2Foutrageous-kids-birthday-party-trends-8075.gallery%3FphotoId%3D94537
Post a Comment