Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Olivia's Sweet Shoppe
















Our sweet Olivia celebrated her 5th birthday last week. We planned a candy themed party at the park for her. My dad constructed a Tootsie Toss game and Gum Ball Racing Track for us from plywood, to make sure it could withstand all the little hands.  We had Nerd filled necklaces and a cupcake painting station. And to complete the candy theme we had chocolate cover marshmallows, candy cover popcorn, giant frog gummies, caramel apples, vanilla wafers, etc. The kids loved the unlimited candy  buffet :)
I didn't want to send more candy home with the kids, figuring their parents would be pretty annoyed with the excess sugar. So in my search for a party favor I found a woman who makes soap into candy shapes. I ordered an entire candy bar (gummy bears, life savors, rock candy sticks, licorice, marshmallows, swedish fish, etc) out of soap. It turned out so cute and really surprised people. I did keep it covered with cellophane until the party was wrapping up to make sure no one accidentally  grabbed one to eat it.  My kids have taken a different "candy" into the bath each night.

Olivia had a great afternoon with all of her friends!

No comments: