

A few nights ago I was helping Chase drink from his sippy cup when he decided it was time to be independent so he took the cup and started drinking on his own. At first he was just letting the water fall from his mouth but with some discouragement and encouragement of swallowing- he picked it right up :) (He loves to please) It was pretty impressive to watch him raise and lower his cup to drink. He continues to amaze us with his growing abilities. Yesterday when we were playing (which now involves a lot of "let's crawl all over Mommy") I challenged Chase to stand on his own, and surprisingly he can for a few seconds before he either tips forward or back, which he finds very amusing. Then this morning he was crawling up on me until he was holding my arm and standing up and then suddenly he let go. HE was trying to stand on his own. To have a walker...I'm not ready, not to mention that we have yet to really baby proof the house. Our style of baby proofing is close supervision. Maybe this weekend?
Our sleep situation has been going very well. Chase has been going down without even a whimper and last night slept for four and a half hours solid. I have to admit as much as I enjoy getting the extra sleep on my own, I really miss the snuggle time :(
Gymboree is going great. Today Chase was all over, he did not want to sit still. He was laughing hysterically when we puffed the parachute up and down over them. We might need to buy a few fun gym toys for the house. This is when a playroom would be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment