

Well as you can imagine the past few weeks have been a bit of a blur. We spent the second week in September saying good-bye to our friends, which was much harder than I thought it would be. We have some wonderful friends and Chase's first friends we had to leave as well. My sister flew in to help Chase and I get packed. Then the movers came and packed us all up. It was surprising how much work it still was even though I didn't pack boxes or carry them down stairs. When they were finished packing the three of us walked out to the car and collapsed. Everyone was expecting a drama scene, with me being pregnant and leaving our first home. But as it turned out as I was loading the car I stepped in some hidden dog poop which before I realized got tracked into the car so I was so annoyed with how rude and dirty people in Queens can be I didn't get upset about driving away from our NY life.
The following week Chase and I flew down to meet the truck with our stuff. My parents also came down to help us get settled. Sometimes I wonder what I would do without them. They are the most generous, giving people I know. We spent the week unpacking and organizing. We also had a few visits with old friends, which was really fun. Ryan got his new barbecue!! We have never owned one before and I am excited that Ryan can be responsible for some of the meals.
Chase was a bit stressed our first week but seems to be settling in quickly. He was very clingy and frightening being in the new house the first few days but he has fallen in love with outdoor work and the new washer and dryer. This is our first week alone- we are getting kind of bored. We have to find our new routine, playmates and some activities to keep us busy.
The following week Chase and I flew down to meet the truck with our stuff. My parents also came down to help us get settled. Sometimes I wonder what I would do without them. They are the most generous, giving people I know. We spent the week unpacking and organizing. We also had a few visits with old friends, which was really fun. Ryan got his new barbecue!! We have never owned one before and I am excited that Ryan can be responsible for some of the meals.
Chase was a bit stressed our first week but seems to be settling in quickly. He was very clingy and frightening being in the new house the first few days but he has fallen in love with outdoor work and the new washer and dryer. This is our first week alone- we are getting kind of bored. We have to find our new routine, playmates and some activities to keep us busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment