Thursday, September 06, 2007

SunKissed


We are home again from a quick Florida trip. We made some final decisions about the new house and spent some time with Daddy. Chase attended his first seafood boil hosted by Uncle Randy and Aunt Jennie. He had a great time socializing with all of their friends. On one of our trips back from the new house Chase was having trouble falling asleep so I put my sunglasses on him and a few minutes later he was out like a light. It was so cute.
Next week is our big move!! We are spending the next few days saying good-bye to our friends and getting everything setup. Although we will not be packing and loading the truck (thank goodness) there is still a lot to do.
Chase is getting to be quite a handful. Even Ryan had to admit that running after him all day is exhausting. He is just on the go every second, looking for new things to explore and always trying to use adult items. Yesterday, we got out of bed and went into the kitchen I was pouring his usual glass of milk and he decided he would get into the pantry and get out my can of coffee. How funny that he knows our routine so well. He has memorized all of the body parts, although he will not perform for most people (I got it on video so everyone can see anyway) and he even has mastered the dog bark noise (although his sounds like a dog that has been smoking for 10 years). He just amazes us with how much he knows and understands about the world around him. While we were at Randy's Chase was playing with Ryan's car key, running to the door to wave bye-bye, as if he had the keys and was heading out. Later we needed to leave but couldn't find the key, we tossed the room and still no key. Then I got to thinking- if I were Chase where would I put the key- I checked and sure enough he had put it into the diaper bag. He knows that is were I put our keys when we go out! So smart!
Baby girl is doing well. Getting bigger and stronger every day. She started having hiccups just a few days ago. I am starting to get uncomfortable. Mostly when we our out on walks I get that heavy feeling. My hips have also started really bothering me, throbbing that keeps me up all night. I find it hard now to keep Chase from hitting, kicking or putting too much pressure on my belly. I am sure this will only get worse the bigger I get. But we are already 24 weeks so not too long to go, if she is anything like her brother she will be early.

No comments: