Saturday, February 23, 2008

Down and Out


Never too old for the Einstein mat




Chase was helping out with tummy time



As if having 2 babies isn't enough, illness is all around us and has invaded our home. First I came down with a stomach virus (or food poisoning we aren't sure) and was out of commission for a while. Of course as a mother you are only allowed a break from your duties to puke and then you have to get right back to the task at hand. Just kidding Ryan did give me a break and handled most of the kid duties until I could at least keep some water down. But as most of you know it takes a while to get back on your feet after you have missed a few days of eating. Of course being ill set Chase off because he wasn't getting quality mommy time so we struggled for the next week to keep things going. Then the following week Chase got sick with a cold, so he continued his grumpiness. Finally this past week we have all managed to stay healthy and happy. Although Ryan doesn't feel good today, so we will see. All of our friends and neighbors have been sick so it is going around :(
We also took Olivia for her 2 month checkup and shots. The doctor was shocked to find she is now weighing 15 lbs and is off the chart in height and weight (I told you she was getting big). She is already outgrowing her 3-6 month clothes. What can I say the girl can eat!!
She smiles so much it is addicting. I can't wait for her to wake up so I can see her adorable smile. She squirms all over the place and even giggles and coos. Lately I have noticed that she doesn't like to be alone. If I step into the closet to grab my pajamas she will start complaining that she is by herself.
Chase is doing really well. He is adding new words to his vocabulary everyday and has starting putting many of them to use. We have been going out to the field to play with our neighbors in the evening and Chase has made many friends. He loves following the bigger kids (who are climbing trees, playing football, etc) and tries to play with them. About half of them love Chase and are so good with him, trying to include him- the other half run screaming that they don't want to play with babies. I don't think he quite understands because he just runs after them with a big smile on his face like they are playing this great game of tag. I am glad because otherwise it would break my heart. He is just the happiest guy, he goes through the store saying Hi to everyone!! Sometimes if the person doesn't acknowledge him after 10 Hi's I will step in and say, "He was saying Hi to you" which usually does the trick. He is just so sweet.

No comments: