Monday, June 22, 2009

Annual Pilgrimage




I decided I would fly with the kids to upstate NY again this summer. My cousin was getting married and I wanted to attend my sister- in-law's, Meghan, baby shower (my brother is having a little girl in October). The flight up was great the kids did so well. They had a great time at my parents' house. Chase loves sitting on the riding lawn mower and begged to "mow" the grass every spare second. (He insisted someone else hold the keys to ensure it did not turn on though.) They both were very flexible with naps and bed time and overall did great with the trip. My sister and her kids were there and my cousins all came in for the wedding. We had a lot of fun.
Then came the trip home...as soon as we hit our seats Chase started screaming, "I don't like this plane. Get me off of this one." Total hysteria! And it actually went down hill from there. We had vomit, poopy diapers, we even got yelled at by the flight attendant, it was so bad the people in front of us changed seats :))
I had gotten the kids up a 5am and apparently it was not enough rest- lesson learned. If I ever fly again it will be between the hours 10am-4pm only!

1 comment:

krista and ryan said...

I'm sure it wasn't that bad!! We moms tend to see things even more exaggerated than everyone around us!! Anyway I give you a big hand traveling with 2 anyway!! Way to go!!