Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swimming Success




Chase has finally done it! He is swimming! For the past year he has used a vest with foams inside that allow him to be more buoyant than otherwise. Slowly I have been taking the foams out. Last weekend he was only using 2 and I figured that the next time we went swimming I would slide them out and see what happened. So on Monday we went to the pool and I took the foams out but left his vest on (so he thought he was still swimming with the help of the vest) and he did it!The first few day he could tread above water but needed to go under to swim to the wall. But now he is swimming with his head totally above the water. He doesn't quite know his limitations so watching him is a full time job (he requires a few rescues everyday) but he is loving it! And to be honest so am I. We have been going to the pool everyday and having so much fun. Olivia is using a flotation ring that keeps her head above water and she does great with it. She is actually a really good swimmer and I hope to have her swimming this summer too.

1 comment:

krista and ryan said...

YEA Chase:) Way to go:) Now you can teach Olivia.