Friday, December 03, 2010

Sweet Angel














My sweet angel, Olivia, turns three tomorrow. I love birthdays because you have a chance to celebrate your amazing child and show them how special they are but a part of me is always sad too. I guess birthdays are a marker to show how much things have changed and how big my babies are getting. To think that just 3 short years ago I was pregnant with her, anxiously waiting for her arrival, wondering how on earth I was going to handle two babies, and now here I am with three. It seems that so much has happen, Olivia has grown up so much.
Olivia has always been an amazing child. She was the happiest baby and seemed to understand so much so early. She walked early and talked early, which made her infancy go by even faster. And now we are still in constant amazement of her. She is so loving and sweet but has a tough side too. She loves her Daddy fiercely but on occasions still demands a Mommy snuggle :) She is always watching the older kids and tries her best to keep up, and does a great job of it. I am often asked how old she is because her verbal skills far exceed her age. She makes the funniest faces and has perfected the pouty lip. Her favorite color is pink! and she makes sure everyone knows it. I have overheard on the playground many times say, "My name is Olivia, what is your name?" and when ever Ryan gets home from work she greets him with a, "How was your day, Dad?" I love that she mostly calls me "Mama". She says it with such warmth.
Our family is so lucky to have such a spunky, sweet little girl!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Happy birthday, beautiful girl! Can't wait to see you in Jan!