Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bye Bye Baby Teeth ;(

Chase lost his first tooth this week. We had noticed it was wiggly on Wednesday at dinner but thought it would be a couple of days. Then on Thursday, we had gone to the beach with some friends and all of the sudden Chase came running over to me and said, "Mom, I was chewing my gum and then all of a sudden it had a rock in it, so I spit it out." As soon as he started talking I knew instantly what had happened (judging from the bloody hole that had developed in his mouth). My girlfriend, Kim, and I searched the area he was playing and easily found the gum and tooth, Yeah! He was so excited. He went around and told all of his friends and showed off his new smile.
He couldn't wait to get his money from the tooth fairy but was upset at the idea of her taking his tooth. So he wrote her a note asking if she would please leave the tooth behind, which she did. On Saturday, Ryan took him to open his open savings account to put his money in. He has been carrying his "checkbook" around with him all weekend.
Between the tooth and the checkbook, I think we can safely say my baby is now a big boy. Don't even get me started on kindergarten...boohooohoo.

No comments: