Friday, June 15, 2007

Bun in the Oven


Well our family is growing once again. Chase is going to be a big brother! We have just finished our first trimester so we figured it was time to let the cat out of the bag. We found out pretty early but had a little scare when my hormones weren't high enough. I was put on some medication and so far everything has gone really well. Of course I have had some morning sickness, mostly it just keeps me from eating anything at all. But it has settled down in the past few weeks. We are so excited!! Baby Cortner will be a Christmas baby, our due date is December 26th, poor thing will probably always feel slighted around birthday time.
Here are some recent pictures of our sweet baby GIRL!!! Yes, it is a GIRL! We almost fell right off the ultrasound table yesterday when we heard the news. Ryan and I had assumed we would be one of those couples with all boys but apparently this is not the case. Of course I went straight to the baby boutique down the street and bought her an adorable little pink outfit, I couldn't resist. It is funny that a few weeks ago Ryan said to me that he felt ready to have a little girl. With our first he wanted a little boy because he felt he would understand them better and he would know what to do with them but now that he has had some experience being a dad he feels he can handle a girl. I am more concerned about handling 2 munchkins. I am sure I will have my hands full next year!

3 comments:

Auntie Nee' said...

I can already tell she's beautiful!
Now you'll have both a Mama's boy and a Daddy's girl. I am sooooo excited to meet my new niece.(And to go crazy buying stuff for both of them :-)! )
Love you all!
xoxox

krista and ryan said...

Congratulations!!! That is sooo exciting...Now our little ones can play together:) Can't wait to meet her. Any names yet?

Changed by His Love said...

Congratulations! I have been away in FL visiting my dad, but so excited to hear the news!!! I pray the morning sickness stops soon. Can't wait for updates on your pregnancy. And oh my goodness - Chase is getting so big!