We had quite an interesting afternoon yesterday. Most of you know we live in a building with an elevator. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten off and on that elevator and thought that the gap is big enough to swallow a set of keys so I need to be careful if Chase is holding them. Well, low and behold the day came when I was distracted and down they went into the abyss. It was like watching a movie in slow motion- first I saw Chase shake and throw the keys in total disgust that I would try and offer him such a stupid toy, then I watched as the keys land by the crack and slowly slip over the edge and disappear. My heart sank- now what? Luckily for us Ryan was in town and so I called him. He was in a meeting so he answer "Is it an emergency?" YES, YES, an EMERGENCY! I think was my exact reply. He did drop everything and come to our rescue and luckily our friends were home so we went up and asked if we could hang out for a while until our Daddy got home, which was lucky for me because Chase had no shoes on (we were only going downstairs to switch our laundry) and I have no idea how I could have entertained him for 45 minutes without letting him run free.Hoepfully when our super gets back from his vacation tomorrow he can fish my keys out!
Other than that everything is going well. Ryan was sick all weekend :( so I didn't get much down time. Chase and I went to a birthday party for Chase's buddy Amanda, who also turned one. We had a nice time, although we were both totally wiped out by the time we made it home.
1 comment:
I don't know how you could blame that sweet little angel in the picture on such a terrible event! He is much too smart to do something like that. And he also looks to big and grown up in that picture too. We all would prefer only seeing him look like a baby!
We love and miss you guys!
xoxoxox
Post a Comment