

Sorry it has been so long between posts- we have been very busy lately, "when it rains it pours". As most of you know our little guy is turning one this month and I have been overwhelmed planning the "event". I am obsessed with party planning and I am trying to use all of the skills I have learned from Whose Wedding Is It Anyway (a show on the Style Channel). Since I won't have another wedding to plan I have to use these smaller occasions to satisfy my need to plan and organize. Seriously, we are so excited about the party. We have family coming in from all over to celebrate with us. We decided to do a cowboy theme since we chose a barbecue restaurant in the city to host the event. Hopefully, it will be a fun and relaxing day for all of us!
I have also decided to start a small business. I have been working towards my certification as a CPR Instructor and am starting a home business targeting parents who want to learn CPR. Not long ago I was one of those parents and I had trouble finding a class. Not that CPR classes themselves are hard to come by but most are rigid 4-5 hour long classes that don't allow children. So I finally found a small company that does these low key classes and thought- what a great business and decided to start one for myself. It will only be once or twice a month for 2 hours on a Saturday, so the hours are perfect. But setting up the business has been very time consuming, especially since I am chasing an almost 1 year old while I am doing it.
Ryan's daddy skills were put to the test on Saturday when I had to go to class leaving him in charge for 5 hours straight. That was the longest Ryan had ever had Chase alone. Ryan did great! I was so impressed when I came home to a happy, fed, clean, even rested baby! Luckily it was a beautiful day so they were able to get outside to play and walk. Chase is so lucky to have such an awesome dad, he often tells me that Chase is so much more fun then he ever thought he would be (how cute is that).
Chase is doing great with his walking. He isn't quite independent but little by little he is becoming more daring. He has the ability now he just needs to believe in himself and get out there to perfect it. We are hoping he will be walking solidly for the party so all of our family can see.
We have been going to the park just about everyday. Chase loves making friends- he talks to everyone. He also loves to look for trash on the ground and he often tries to push other people's strollers.
I have also decided to start a small business. I have been working towards my certification as a CPR Instructor and am starting a home business targeting parents who want to learn CPR. Not long ago I was one of those parents and I had trouble finding a class. Not that CPR classes themselves are hard to come by but most are rigid 4-5 hour long classes that don't allow children. So I finally found a small company that does these low key classes and thought- what a great business and decided to start one for myself. It will only be once or twice a month for 2 hours on a Saturday, so the hours are perfect. But setting up the business has been very time consuming, especially since I am chasing an almost 1 year old while I am doing it.
Ryan's daddy skills were put to the test on Saturday when I had to go to class leaving him in charge for 5 hours straight. That was the longest Ryan had ever had Chase alone. Ryan did great! I was so impressed when I came home to a happy, fed, clean, even rested baby! Luckily it was a beautiful day so they were able to get outside to play and walk. Chase is so lucky to have such an awesome dad, he often tells me that Chase is so much more fun then he ever thought he would be (how cute is that).
Chase is doing great with his walking. He isn't quite independent but little by little he is becoming more daring. He has the ability now he just needs to believe in himself and get out there to perfect it. We are hoping he will be walking solidly for the party so all of our family can see.
We have been going to the park just about everyday. Chase loves making friends- he talks to everyone. He also loves to look for trash on the ground and he often tries to push other people's strollers.
No comments:
Post a Comment