Thursday, May 10, 2007

Checks in the Mail


I don't want to brag but I think my son is a genius! I read that babies that wake every few hours are able to trigger brain cell development so that explains why my son is extra smart, since he has yet to "sleep through the night". Anyway, I had been sitting at the desk writing out a few bills while Chase walked around playing with a pen. I didn't even think he noticed me and what I was doing was certainly less than exciting. No sooner had I slid the checkbook into its cubby under the desk when Chase scooted behind me and grabbed the checkbook. He headed straight over to the coffee table to make out some bills of his own. I couldn't resist taking some pictures of him writing his first checks. Who knew he was watching so intently?
Anyway, we are doing fine. I had gotten a bit sick so my mother made an emergency trip to care for Chase and help me recover from a nasty cold. Chase and I travelled back upstate with her to spend a few days in the country. My dad even hung Kalli and Luke's old tree swing for Chase to use this summer. We have been trying to do some "grass therapy" with Chase- he is a bit scared of being outdoors so little by little we are working it out.

No comments: