Wow, my life has changed so much! Many mothers have told me, "enjoy the time before they start walking because once they are fully mobile you spend all day chasing them around." This maybe true for them but it has not been the case with us. When Chase was crawling he often wanted me to carry him from room to room and hold him so he could be involved in what I was doing. Toward the end I has holding him sooo much!
Now that he is walking it is like a whole new world. Chase follows me all around the house and since he is tall enough to explore things on his own he is perfectly happy just checking out his surrounds. Finally, my arms and shoulders have stopped aching!
The downside is that his hands go everywhere. The other day he had squished a Fig Newton piece into his hand and then began walking around wiping it on the kitchen cabinets and chairs. Chase also loves carrying things around, so of course I find sippy cup lids under the dishwasher, shoes in the fridge, spices in the baby cupboard, and the list goes on. After I put him to bed I go around trying to sort the house and get everything back to its proper place. We have been having so much fun, I absolutely love this stage!
No comments:
Post a Comment